Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Teamwork

Everything is better together. We are not meant to go through life alone. When I was younger I tried to do most things myself. The stress was great. Additionally, there were so many things I was not proficient in. Therefore, many areas of my life and ministry were deficient. I found that I do only a few things very well. I discovered that God designed me to be dependent upon others. Most of us do not like being dependent; we would rather be independent.

1 Corinthians 12 uses the imagery of the human body. Just like the individual parts of the body are dependent upon each other part, so we as humans are dependent upon one another. Each of us have strengths and weaknesses. Instead of trying to improve my weakness, I try to surround myself with people who are strong where I am weak.

The Cornerstone Church pastoral staff is a great example of teamwork. We are all quite different. Yet, we share the same values and the same vision. I love my team. I love working with them every day. They love God and love people. They believe in other people. We have a great time dreaming and planning the future together.

I love to hear each of them preach or teach. Brent is quite different from me. I am quite different from Kortney, who is quite different from Aaron. Blend in Chad and Whitney and Michelle into our leadership mix, and we present a great flavor to the world. We are able to do together what we can never do alone.

Who is on your team?

Peace,
Stan

No comments:

Post a Comment