Monday, October 17, 2011

I Love My Church Family

I love my church family. Cornerstone Church is a warm, close, genuine church family. The church is Christ's answer to a cold, lonely world. At church we worship, serve and grow together. Mostly, church is where we connect with other Christ followers.

I appreciate my personal relationship with God. I am grateful that I can go to the throne of God's grace myself to receive the help I need. However, there is no such thing as Christianity outside of the context of body. We are the body of Christ.

The body of Christ is local. Paul wrote letters to local churches. Jesus addressed local churches in Revelation. I am so glad to be a member of the body of Christ known as Cornerstone Church in Chillicothe, Missouri. Cornerstone is a place where you do not have to put on airs. You can come as you are, but you will not stay that way. We grow together. We mourn together, and celebrate together. We pray for one another, and serve one another. We reach out with help and healing to our community and to our world.

We are close knit. Yet, there is always room for one more in the fabric of our community. I love my church family.

Peace,
Stan

No comments:

Post a Comment