Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Others

The invention of social media networks has revealed much about the human condition. Social media gives us the wonderful opportunity to connect with our friends and family. It is a modern wonder. While my friend, Todd, traverses the globe sharing good news of God's eternal love, I receive daily reports. I can pray more effectively and be connected to the trip. Friends and family are able to rejoice with us as we share images of our children and grandchildren from dance recitals or ball games. This is wonderful.

I also notice what seems to be bragging by those in my network. No one knows the thoughts and intentions of others. It is not my place to judge others. I am not God. He alone is the judge. However, I am suppose to judge myself. According to 1 Corinthians 11:27-32, before we partake in Holy Communion we should examine ourselves. If we judge ourselves, we will not require further judgment.

Let's use social media as a means of fellowship with others, and to advance the cause of Christ. Let's reduce our need to brag of our latest exploits and opportunities. Let's follow the greatest command--love God and love others.

Peace,
Stan

1 comment:

  1. Who would want to keep a Facebook account after a little looking into the types of organizations investing in it?

    Just another off topic comment, the lyrics...

    Though the Earth Cried out for blood
    Satisfied her hunger was
    Her billows calmed on raging seas
    for the souls on men she craved

    Sun and moon from balcony
    Turned their head in disbelief
    Their precious Love would taste the sting
    disfigured and disdained

    Ummmm, if those are christian lyrics then my name is Donald Duck.

    The earth is a feminine energy that drinks blood while the sun and moon watch from above?????

    If that isn't the exact description of the Luciferian / Druid religions then I don't know what is.

    Don't be so naive christians.

    ReplyDelete